For those days when everything seems impossible.. especially working up a sweat.
Row House Coach Bethany gives us her 5 Tips for Sticking to Your Workout:
Top 5 from Bethany:
1. My number one tip is to be prepared! Sign up for your class early, make sure you have enough water, don’t eat a five course meal 20 minutes before your class, but also don’t be starving! These are all things that when you’re in an unmotivated state of mind can easily deter you from pushing through and going to your workout.
2. Take your workout in increments, focusing only on the piece in front of you. Instead of telling yourself you have to get through 45 minutes of rowing, tell yourself you only need to get through this 4 minute piece and then you’ll tackle the next piece. Once you’ve accomplished several small goals, before you know it you’ll have accomplished a huge goal.
3. Create a relationship with your instructor - we’re here for you! Simply introducing yourself goes a long way. Once I know who you are, I’ll remember your meters, I’ll know your limits and also what you're capable of so that I can push you to the best of your ability. It’s the most rewarding part of my job to see someone grow! If you’re invested in the workout, then I’m invested in you, and from there, anything is possible.
4. One thing that really helps me and my crew, especially on a weekend, is to think about what you’re rowing for… even if it’s for that mimosa immediately after class. Once the rowers begin to think about their goals, the energy in the room goes into full force.
5. Lastly, let’s not forget we all have the same number of hours in a day as Beyoncé… and you know she didn't get her fierce body by skimping on her workout. No excuses!